32 – 36 hours
Are you an enthusiastic pedagogical coach and full of initiave? Do you want to work with different cultures, multiple nationalities and do you speak Dutch and English well? Then this is your chance! In the areas The Hague / Wassenaar and Amsterdam / Amstelveen, Big Ben Kids is looking for one or more pedagogical coach.
- Responsible for implementing the Big Ben Kids pedagogy
Our pedagogical vision for child care is based on Dr. Spencer Kagan’s cooperative learning process and psychologist Lev Vygotsky’s theory of developmentally appropriate education. We use the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework to monitor children’s well-being and development. It is also used to offer the right activities, tailored to the developmental needs.
- Coaching the childcare practitioners to help improve the quality of work
- Stimulating knowledge sharing between the various locations
- Developing and giving training to the childcare practitioners
- You work in the different groups, supernumerary or as a childcare practitioner with a coaching role
- Acting as a pioneer and leader in changes and the promotion of expertise
- Together with the pedagogical manager you contribute to the development and modernization of the pedagogical policy
Qualifications and competence
- A relevant HBO degree (that meets the qualification requirements CAO Kinderopvang Pedagogic coach, for example HBO Pedagogy)
- Two years of experience in a similar function within the childcare
- You have good knowledge and understanding of the Big Ben Kids pedagogical policy or are willing to learn it
- You are an enthusiastic coach and can support and guide childcare practitioners
- You have knowledge of development stages, development areas of young children
- You have knowledge of (interactive) coaching methods, principles and instruments
- You have a VIB certificate or are willing to follow the training for Video Interactie Begeleider (VIB)
- You are ambitious, curious and involved
- You have a good command of both Dutch and English, orally and in writing
- Practical knowledge and experience in childcare is preferred
- A challenging and varied job with plenty of room for personal initiative
- An employment contract for 32 to 36 hours, hours to be discussed
- Working in a fun, international and committed team
- Many opportunities for development and extra training courses
- Competitive salary according to the CAO Kinderopvang (8% vacation pay, 2% year-end bonus, pension through PFZW)
About Big Ben Kids
Big Ben Kids offers high quality childcare to international parents and internationally minded Dutch families offering daycare, after school care and holiday camps at our locations in Scheveningen, Wassenaar and Amstelveen. Our organisation is growing to establish itself as one of the leading international childcare providers in the Netherlands.
We want to achieve this growth through offering constant high quality of customer service, communication and childcare services. At Big Ben Kids we know how important it is for children to have a sense of community and familiarity. That’s why we offer our children a safe environment and a home from home in an international setting where there is tolerance a chance to meet people who are like minded, yet also very different. We are proud to say that our childcare centres are a melting pot of cultures where magical friendships can develop between people from all over the world. Big Ben Kids supports children in recognizing and developing their talents as well as their future potential. At Big Ben Kids, the parents are closely involved in their children’s adventures.
Our staff are experienced and qualified childcare practitioners with international backgrounds.
For more information: www.bigbenkids.com
If you are interested please send your motivation letter and CV to: email@example.com, for the attention of Michiel Deinema, Recruiter.